5 to 7 years
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, candidates should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with black box testing
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge or experience in Database Testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using various frameworks
- Knowledge of QA Automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience in API Testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent
Together at Altum
Catapulting you to success, without letting your life pass by!
Being an altummer
We strongly believe and offer a life at and beyond work. All work and no play is as obsolete as the dinosaur, isn’t it?
Chance to grow
Altummers (the team at altum) are always encouraged to learn, innovate and explore life out of their ‘comfort’ zones.
Endless opportunities to learn and grow, a handsome compensation, work and life in the same tune and plush workspaces to work in, utopia found!
We are grateful too
We do not just work to bring in more technological advances, we also work for creating a better and happier world too!